Seven school days have been successfully completed, and the 13-14 school year is underway at BCS. It is a great joy to have students back in the classrooms, and to see the enthusiasm of our community come around our mission. I am personally excited to get to know our new families and to deepen connections with our returning ones. There are three things I would like to communicate today:
1. We had an excellent turn out at our Back to School night this year. Thank you for taking the time to attend and make sure we are all connected. If you weren't able to make it, please take the time to review the packet we sent home carefully and contact us with any questions you might have.
2. Pray for our school on a consistent basis. When we stay connected to our Father through prayer, we will be able to stay on course as a community. I'm thankful today for the partnerships in Tri-County Christian Schools. Yesterday, our three high schools came together for a wonderful day worshipping together and being challenged on the topic of leadership. Pray our high school students will carry this day with them.
3. Our mission statement for BCS is "BCS partners with families to create a community of learning that educates the whole student and cultivates Christ centered lives." Some of you may wonder what it means to partner with a school. I have enjoyed exploring that topic and I would list four primary ways that we partner as families and schools:
- Communicating: openly, frequently, and lovingly.
- Collaborating: parents and staff working together on all levels of the school
- Caring: we represent a part of the body of Christ and care for each other as brothers and sisters
- Centering: our actions on our mission, our attention on our students, and our focus on the Lord Jesus.
Grace and Peace,